- Adenoma of the left main bronchus of a teenage boy (clinical case)
Adenoma of the left main bronchus of a teenage boy (clinical case)
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2017.1(81):133-135; doi 10.15574/SP.2017.81.133
Kens O., Bergtravm V., Golovyn R., Shnyra-Ochych K.
Institute of Hereditary Pathology AMS of Ukraine, Lviv
Regional Baby Clinical Hospital, Lviv
The article describes the clinical case of an adenoma of the left bronchus of a teenage boy. The complaint, the inspection data of the child and, modern diagnostic techniques are described in details, which helps in the correct diagnosis given the opportunity for a timely and successful operative treatment of the patient. Difficulties in the diagnosis of this disease consist primarily of small informative clinical picture at the initial stage of symptoms, and low alertness of pediatricians regarding neoplasms of the lung and bronchus of children.
Key words: adenoma of the bronchus, a child, a teenager, a clinical case.
1. Shulutko AM, Ovchinnikov AA, Yasnogorodskiy OO, Motus IYa. 2006. Endoscopic Thoracic Surgery: Guidelines for doctors. L, Meditsina (Medicine): 392.
2. Carachi R, Grosfeld J. 2016. The surgery of childhood tumors. Springer: 552-559. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-48590-3; PMCid:PMC4944626
3. Peres LC, Cunha Castro EC. 2003. Mucous gland adenoma of the bronchus in a 5-year-old child: case report and review of the literature. Jornal Brasilieiro de Patologia e Medicina Laboratorial. 39; 4: 365-369. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1676-24442003000400015
4. Sengupta S, Chatterjee U, Bandyopadhyay R, Bhowmick K, Banerjee S. 2011. Primary pulmonary neoplasms in children: a report of five cases. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology . 32; 4: 223-226. https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-5851.95146; PMid:22563158 PMCid:PMC3343251
5. Qian X, Sun Z, Pan W. 2013. Childhood bronchial mucoepidermoid tumors: A case report and literature review. Oncology Letters. 6(5): 1409-1412. PMid:24179533 PMCid:PMC3813739
6. Robby BB, Drehner D, Sidman J. 2011. Pedatric Traheal and Endobronchial Tumors: An Institutioal Experience. Head and Neck Surgery. 137(9): 925-929.
7. Roby B, Drehner D, Sidman J. 2011. Pediatric tracheal and endobronchial tumors: an institutional experience. Journal of Archives of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. 137; 9: 136-140.