- A retrospective analysis of gestational complications, perinatal outcomes in women with thyroid dysfunction
A retrospective analysis of gestational complications, perinatal outcomes in women with thyroid dysfunction
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.4(120):41–46; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.120.41
Vdovychenko Yu. P., Alipovа N. F.
National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education P. L. Shupyk, Kiev
The objective: A study of features of the course of pregnancy and perinatal outcomes in women with thyroid dysfunction. Analysis of the risk prediction of gestational and perinatal complications, depending on the level of antibodies to thyroid peroxidase (AB-TPO).
Patients and methods. A retrospective study of 526 histories and stories birth of generations of women-carriers of antibodies to thyroid peroxidase and 489 of their newborns The group of comparison was formed of 40 stories birth somatically healthy women without the elevated levels of AB-TPO and 40 stories of their newborns. The analysis of the course of pregnancy and perinatal outcomes, evaluation of risk prediction of gestational and perinatal complications, depending on the level of AB-TPO.
Results. Established that women carriers of AB-TPO age has the older category; among extragenital diseases most often identified diseases of otolaryngology and neurocirculatory dystonia. Obstetric anamnesis burdened by the pregnancy miscarriage and perinatal losses. In the structure of gestational and perinatal complications, the principal place is the threatened miscarriage, preeclampsia, fetal distress, asphyxia of newborns.
Discovered the effect of the starting threshold level of AB-TPO on the risk of occurrence impendence interruption of pregnancy (AB-TPO=315 IU/ml); the risk of miscarriage (AB-TPO=339.8 IU/ml); the risk of fetal distress (AB-TPO = of 247.5 IU/ml); the risk of neonatal asphyxia (AB-TPO=234.8 IU/ml). Didn’t discovere influence of starting threshold level of AB-TPO on the risk of preeclampsia and pathological birht.
Conclusion. Women carriers of the AB-TPO constitute a group of high risk of obstetric and perinatal pathology. Discovered the influence of the starting threshold level of AB-TPO on the risk of gestational complications.
Key words: pregnancy, level of antibodies to thyroid peroxidase, miscarriage, gestational and perinatal complications.
1. Glazanova TV, Bubnova LN, Trunin EM. 2004. Production of some cytokines in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease. Problems of Endocrinology 3:29—32. Russian.
2. Perminova SG. 2010. Sterility in women with thyroid pathology: principles of diagnosis, tactics. Abstract of the thesis for the degree of Doctor of Medicine. Moscow.Russian.
3. Fadeev VV, Perminova SG, Nazarenko TA, Korneeva IE, Mel'nichenko GA, Dedov II. 2009. Thyroid disease and reproductive function of women: a manual for physicians. Moscow, MAI-PRINT. Russian.
4. Fadeev VV. 2012. According to the materials clinical recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy and the puerperium of the American Thyroid Association. Clinical and experimental thyroidology 1:7-18. Russian. https://doi.org/10.14341/ket2012817-18
5. Boogaard E, Vissenberg R, Land JA. 2011. Significance of (sub)clinical thyroid dysfunction and thyroid autoimmunity before conception and in early pregnancy: a systematic review. HumReprod Update. 17;5:605-619. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmr024; PMid:21622978
6. Krassas GE, Poppe K, Glinoer D. 2010. Thyroid Function and Human Reproductive Health. Endocrine Reviews 31(5):702–755. https://doi.org/10.1210/er.2009-0041; PMid:20573783
7. Monteleone P, Parrini D, Faviana P et al. 2011. Female infertility related to thyroid autoimmunity: the ovarian follicle hypothesis. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology 66:108-114. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0897.2010.00961.x; PMid:21241400
8. Poppe K, Velkeniers B, Glinoer D. 2008. Thyroid autoimmunity and female infertility. Thyroid International 4(1):11.
9. Prummel MF, Wiersinga WM. 2004. Thyroid autoimmunity and miscarriage. Eur. J. Endocrinol. 150:751–755. https://doi.org/10.1530/eje.0.1500751
10. Stagnaro Green A, Abalovich M, Alexander E et al. 2011. Guidelines of the American thyroid association the diagnosis and management of thyroid disease during pregnancy and postpartum. Thyroid. 21:1081–1125. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2011.0087; PMid:21787128 PMCid:PMC3472679