- Preconception prophylactics of venous thromboembolism in women with thromboembolic events in history
Preconception prophylactics of venous thromboembolism in women with thromboembolic events in history
PERINATOLOGIYA I PEDIATRIYA. 2017.2(70):69-72; doi 10.15574/PP.2017.70.69
Lymanska A. Yu., Bayder A. K.
«Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
Rationale. Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary artery thromboembolia are important health problems with potentially severe consequences. Thus, pulmonary embolism ranks 4–5th for the causes of maternal mortality in Ukraine, and in the European Union, the USA, Canada, Japan, it makes the top three.
Purpose — to study the effect of Latrenum on the platelet aggregation at the stage of preconceptional preparation of women, who belong to the risk group of venous thromboembolism.
Materials and methods. Investigation of platelet aggregation was performed in 24 women with chronic venous insufficiency II–III grade, which is caused by varicose veins of the lower extremities.
Results and conclusions. The statistically significant decrease of adrenaline- and collagen-induced platelet aggregation rates by more than 1.5 times was observed in the examined women after pentoxifylline treatment that proves the comprehensive effect of the drug on platelet aggregation under the influence of various inductors and prevents polypragmasy in future. An administration of Latrenum (manufactured by Yuria-Farm LLC) in the integrated preconceptional prevention in women with chronic venous insufficiency improves the blood rheological properties and minimizes the risk of intravascular thrombosis by means of compensation of thrombolytic component hemostasis during the future pregnancy.
Key words: deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary artery thromboembolia, varicose vein disease, thrombophilia, pentoxifylline, Latrenum, platelet aggregation.
1. Breddin HK, Lippold R, Bittner M. (1999). Spontaneous platelet aggregation as a predictive risk factor for vascular occlusions in healthy volunteer? Results of the HAPARG study. Atherosclerosis. 144: 211—219. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9150(99)00056-8
2. Fernandes J, de Oliveira R, Mamoni R. (2008). Pentoxifylline reduces proinflammatory and increases anti inflammatory activity in patients with coronary artery disease — a randomized placebocontrolled study. Atherosclerosis. 196(1): 434—442. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2006.11.032; PMid:17196208
3. Heinze H, Rosemann C, Weber C. (2007). A single prophylactic dose of pentoxifylline reduces high dependency unit time in cardiac surgery — a prospective randomized and controlled study. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 32(1): 83—89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejcts.2007.04.011; PMid:17499999
4. Cooper D, Russell J, Chitman KD et al. (2004). Leukocytedependence of platelet adhesion in postcapillary venules. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 286: H1895—H1900. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpheart.01000.2003; PMid:14715510