- Peculiarities of the tympanic cavity structure in the ninth month human fetus
Peculiarities of the tympanic cavity structure in the ninth month human fetus
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2017.4(84):139-141; doi 10.15574/SP.2017.84.139
Sapunkov O. D., Kosakovskiy A. L., Sapunkova L. O.
Higher State Educational Establishment of Ukraine «Bukovinian State Medical University», Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv, Ukraine
Introduction. The surgical operations on the middle ear in premature infants require precise knowledge of anatomical and topographical characteristics of the temporal bone structure.
Objective. To explore topographic-anatomical characteristics of the middle ear in the 9-month fetuses during their antenatal development and to prove morphological interrelationships of the form-building processes with surrounding structures.
Materials and methods. The research was conducted on 7 human fetuses with 311.0–345.0 7-mm parietal-coccygeal length. The methods of the fine dissection of middle ear and the surrounding areas under the control of binocular loupe; macro- and microscopy; morphometry; macrophotografies using the digital camera OLIMPUS μ 1000 All-weather 10.0 MPix were used within the study.
Results and discussion. The tympanic cavity of the 9-month human fetuses during the antenatal development obtains more irregular shape, the numerous cells appear on its walls, the inferior and anterior walls of the tympanic cavity as well as the attic continue their formation, the tympanic openings of auditory tubes begin to move from the bottom of the tympanic cavity upward.
Conclusions. The inferior and anterior walls of the tympanic cavity as well as the attic of the human fetuses during their 9-month antenatal development continue their formation. The tympanic openings of the auditory tubes begin to move from the bottom of the tympanic cavity upward. The determined peculiarities of tympanic cavity structure in the 9-month human fetus are essential to the improvement of technologies and the performance of surgical treatment and manipulations in premature neonates.
Key words: anatomy, tympanic cavity, human fetus.
1. Богомильский МР, Полунин ММ. (2010). Особенности строения лабиринтной стенки барабанной полости в раннем детском воздасте. Вестник оториноларингол. 3: 66—67.
2. Рахманова ИВ, Котов РВ, Бабак ОА, Раш ВВ. (2010). Важность исследования ЛОР-органов у недоношенных детей. Вестник оториноларингол. 3: 12—14.
3. Cinamon U. (2009). The growth rate and size of the mastoid air cell system and mastoid bone: a review and reference. European Archives Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. 266(6): 781—786. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-009-0941-8; PMid:19283403
4. Lupu G, Popescu D, Panus V, Popescu G. (2010). Ontogenetic landmarks of the organ of hearing in fetal age determination. Rom J Leg Med. 2: 129—132. https://doi.org/10.4323/rjlm.2010.129
5. Tamrazi Benita, Jeevak Almast, Rajiv Mangla. (2011). Imaging of Pediatric Hearing Loss. Neurographics. 1(2): 66-73. https://doi.org/10.3174/ng.2110008