• Particularities of infants’ skin and approaches to maintaining it physiological state

Particularities of infants’ skin and approaches to maintaining it physiological state

SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2017.2(82):38-41; doi 10.15574/SP.2017.82.38

Kvashnina L. V., Matvienko I. M.
SI «Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv

Results of observational study on safety and efficacy daily use of wet hygienic napkins Smile Baby in infants during 30 consecutive days showed no irritation, hyperemia, edema, maceration, rashes, dryness and skin exfoliation in infants. The mothers noticed tolerability as satisfactory in six cases (24 %), good in eight cases (32 %), and very good in eleven cases (44 %). The results of the assessment of maternal satisfaction in accordance with the adapted IMPSS scale showed that the overwhelming number of mothers were satisfied (9 children that made up 36 %), the rest 16 mothers (64 %) are completely satisfied with the results of its using.

Key words: skin of infants, wet hygienic napkins, Smile Baby.

References

1. Nikolovski J., Stamatas G., Kollias N., Wiegand B. 2008. Barernaya funktsiya, zaderzhka vlagi, i transportnyie svoystva rogovogo sloya detey otlichayutsya ot vzroslyih i prodolzhayut razvivatsya v techenie pervogo goda zhizni. Journal of Investigative Dermatology.

Содержание журнала Full text of article