- Modern view on the problem of pelvic inflammatory disease in women
Modern view on the problem of pelvic inflammatory disease in women
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.6(122):57–64; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.122.57
Dubossarskaya Z. M., Dubossarskaya Yu. A., Grek L. P., Ushakova Т. B.
SI «Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine», Dnipro
The objective: to learn the efficacy of some fluoroquinolones II and III generation (combination drug Orcipol (ciprofloxacin with ornidazole) and Levoximed (levofloxacin) from World Medicine Pharmaceutical Company, UK) in the treatment of urogenital mixed infections in patients with pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) for vaginal sanitation and restoration of reproductive health.
Patients and methods. A clinical examination and complex treatment of 50 patients of reproductive age for the first or second episode of PID of moderate severity was held. Patients of the 1st group (n=25) with mixed aerobic and anaerobic infections, Chlamydia were prescribed Levoximed for 7–14 days. Patients of the 2nd group (n=25) with mixed aerobic and anaerobic infections, bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis received a combined drug – Orcipol for 5–7 days.
Results. The use of Levoximed and combined antibacterial therapy with Orcipol in the complex treatment of patients with PID was successful. The efficacy of Levoximed and Orcipol in the complex treatment of PID in the groups surveyed was comparable, and it was good in most cases – 92% in Group 1 and 88% in Group 2.
Conclusions. The use of combined antibacterial therapy with the inclusion of drugs that overlap the spectrum of aerobic and anaerobic pathogens, protozoal sexually transmitted infections, is an important factor in the successful treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitals in women. High clinical effectiveness of treatment with the use of drugs Levoximed and Orcipol in patients with PID can recommend them for widespread use in gynecological practice.
Key words: pelvic inflammatory diseases, urogenital infections, Levoximed, Orcipol.
1. Antonenko IV. 2016. Patogeneticheskie aspektyi lecheniya vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy vnutrennih zhenskih polovyih organov na sovremennom etape. Reproduktivnaya endokrinologiya 4(30):70–72.
2. Dubossarskaya ZM, Dubossarskaya YuA. 2008. Mehanizmyi immunnoy zaschityi i vospalitelnyie zabolevaniya organov malogo taza. Reproduktivnaya endokrinologiya. Perinatalnyie, akusherskie i ginekologicheskie aspektyi. Dnepropetrovsk, Lira LTD:319–342.
3. Kogan BG, Gordeeva GD. 2014. Rol kombinirovannyih sredstv v kompleksnom lechenii vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy zhenskih polovyih organov smeshannoy etiologii. Zdorove zhenschiny 5(91):86–90.
4. Mayorov MV, Zhuchenko SI, Zhuperkova EA, Chernyak OL. 2017. Vospalitelnyie zabolevaniya organov malogo taza: rol kombinirovannoy terapii. Meditsinskie aspekty zdorovya zhenschiny 2(107):58–64.
5. Radzinskiy VE. 2013. Antibakterialnaya terapiya vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy organov malogo taza bez oshibok i eksperimentov: metodicheskoe rukovodstvo dlya vrachey. Pod. red. VE Radzinskogo, RS Kozlova, AO Duhina. M, Redaktsiya zhurnala StatusPraesens:16.
6. Sehin SV. 2012. Vospalitelnyie zabolevaniya organov malogo taza: prosto o slozhnom. Zhenskoe zdorove 4;6:48–53.
7. Ursova NI. 2013. Antibiotik-assotsiirovannaya diareya: vyibor probiotika s pozitsiy meditsinyi, osnovannoy na dokazatelstvah. Trudnyiy patsient 11;2–3:22–28.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines – Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) https: //www. cdc. gov/ std/ tg2015/ pid.htm
9. Lin HW, Tu YY, Lin SY. 2011. Risk of ovarian cancer in women with pelvic inflammatory disease: a population-based study. Lancet Oncol 12(9):900–4. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(11)70165-6
10. Sweet RL, Gibbs RS. 2009. Pelvic inflammatory disease. In: Infectious diseases of female genital tract. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams Wilkins:220-44.
11. Rasmussen CB, Kjaer SK, Albieri V et al. 2017. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and the Risk of Ovarian Cancer and Borderline Ovarian Tumors: A Pooled Analysis of 13 Case-Control Studies. Am J Epidemiol. 185(1):8-20. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kww161
12. Ross J, Judlin P, Jensen J. 2014. 2012 European guideline for the management of pelvic inflammatory disease, Int J STD AIDS 25(1):1-7. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956462413498714; PMid:24216035
13. Ross J, McCarthy G. UK National Guideline for the management of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 2011. British Association for Sexual Health and HIV. 2011. https://www. bashh. org/documents/3572. Pdf