- Medical and social problems in adolescence and ways of their solution
Medical and social problems in adolescence and ways of their solution
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2017.4(84):16-21; doi 10.15574/SP.2017.84.16
Parkhomenko L. K.
Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Ukraine
The problem of adolescents' health preservation under modern conditions is gaining particular importance in Ukraine. Recently, there has been a deterioration in the health of young people due to the strengthening of negative factors and lack of effective organization of medical care. The dynamics of morbidity and prevalence of diseases among children of different age groups in 2010–2015 demonstrates a significant superiority of the prevalence of diseases among adolescents. Only every fifth student can be considered as healthy at the time of leaving school. Deterioration of the health status of children requires the physicians' significant attention to adolescence. Medical care of adolescents is carried out in the children's health care institutions. Unfortunately, there is a degradation of adolescence service in a number of regions of Ukraine. Adolescents are more vulnerable to diseases associated with growing up. Risky behaviour leads to irresponsibility in sexual relationships, addictive behaviours, etc. There is an ascending morbidity with sexually transmitted infections. The frequency of socially dangerous diseases is increasing (tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, mental disorders, etc). With the support of the UN Children's Fund/UNICEF the «Youth-Friendly Clinics» (YFCs) are created in Ukraine. These facilities provide medical assistance to adolescents and youth on the principles of friendly approach. They are niether alternative nor substitute for the existing services. The purposes of these centers are the prevention and detection of the reproductive system diseases, sexually transmitted infections, HIV- prevention of unintended pregnancy, drug addiction, alcoholism; correction of psychological status, etc. The adolescents' physicians in Ukraine should be included both in the structure of primary health care link and secondary health care link (Youth Friendly Clinics). A head of healthcare institution has the ability to save or restore the positions of adolescents' physicians and ensure improving of health status of the future generation today.
Key words: adolescents, health, adolescents' physicians, youth-friendly clinics.
1. Balakirieva OM, Bondar TV, Pryimak YuIu, Pavlova DM et al. (2015). Smoking, alcohol consumption and drug use among studying adolescents, prevalence and trends in Ukraine, according to a study of 2015 in the framework of the international project «European School Survey Project on Alcohol and Other Drugs – ESPAD». Kiev, Foliant.
2. Maslov RV. (2013). Social and pedagogical premises of creation the concept of health competence of future physical rehabilitation specialists in conditions of modernisation of education. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriia, istoriia, innovatsiini tekhnolohii. 8(34): 224-234.
3. Meshkova OM. (2016). Analysis of the activities of the Centres/Departments/Counselling Rooms of medical assistance to adolescents and youth "Youth-Friendly Clinics" in Ukraine in 2015. Kiev, Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the National Children's Specialized Hospital "OHMATDET". http://kdm-ldd.org.ua/uploads/files/1465440275Аналіз%20діяльності%20КДМ%20за%202015%20Мешкова.pdf
4. Holotsvan OA, Ostashko SI, Meshkova OM et al. (2008). Methodological recommendations from the provision of medical and social services to children and youth on the basis of friendly approach. Kiev, „Verso-04”.
5. Korenev MM, Peresypkina TV, Proskurina TIu et al. (2015). The volume of therapeutic activities at the stages of preparation for military service of young men of pre-conscription and conscription age (guidelines). Adolescent therapy: textbook. Kiev.
6. Parkhomenko LK. (Eds). (2014). Adolescent therapy: textbook. Kharkiv: "Fact".
7. The order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of May 11, 2017 No. 427 «About introduction of amendments to the order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of February 23, 2000 No.33 «On staffing ratios and standard staffing of health facilities».
8. The decision of the Coordination Council of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on the implementation of "youth-friendly" health services from 21.12.2016. Annex 1. Resolution of the ІІІ all-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference with international participation "Topical issues and prospects of development of medical aid and social services to adolescents and youth on the principles of "friendly approach" in Ukraine". (2016). Kiev. http://www.health-loda.gov.ua/files/rishennja%20_1_.pdf
9. Nadtoka HM, Boltivets SI, Riabenko VO et al. (2014). The strategic priorities of youth policy: education, employment, housing: annual report to the President of Ukraine, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on situation of youth in Ukraine (according to results of the year 2013). Kiev: Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine, National Institute of Family and Youth Policy. http://dsmsu.gov.ua/media/2015/01/15/11/Dopovid_molod_za_pidsumkamy_2013_all__.pdf
10. Shafranskyi VV. (Eds) (2016). Annual report on the state of health, sanitary and epidemiological situation and the results of the health care system of Ukraine (2015). Kiev. http://www.uiph.kiev.ua/dawnload/Vidavnictvo/Shchorichna%20dopovid/%D0%A9%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%96%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%96%D0%B4%D1%8C.2016.pdf