- Features of the ovarian reserve in women with infertility after organ-preserving operations on the pelvic organs
Features of the ovarian reserve in women with infertility after organ-preserving operations on the pelvic organs
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.3(119):46–49; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.119.46
Dubchak A. E., Dubenko O. D., Milevsky O. V., Obeid N. M.
SI «Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology NAMS Ukraine», m. Kyiv
KU «Central city hospital №1», Zhitomir
Ovarian reserve (OR) – an important part of the reproductive potential of women, is the ability of the ovaries to provide growth of full-blown follicles containing healthy, fertile eggs.
The objective: to evaluate the characteristics of the OR in women with infertility after organ-saving operations on the pelvic organs
Patients and methods. 128 women with infertility and hyperplastic diseases of the uterus and appendages (HDUA) were examined. Of these, 54.5% had a chronic inflammatory process of the internal genitalia (CIPIG). 42 patients with HDUA with CIPIG were treated conservatively, 28 patients with HDUA under the condition of CIPIG performing organ-preserving treatment, 27 women with GDUA without CIPIG performed conservative treatment, 31 patients with HDUA without CIPIG carrying out organ-preserving treatment. The volume of ovaries and the number of antral follicles (AF), the amount of anti-Muller hormone (AMG) were studied.
Results. In the surveyed women, after surgical treatment, a decrease in the volume of the ovaries and the amount of аntral follicles (AF) was revealed, mainly due to ovarian resection. There was also a decrease in AMG. Moreover, the volume of operated ovaries in the group of patients who underwent cystectomy was significantly lower than in patients after resection or bipolar electrodeletion of the cyst capsule. Such changes in the ovarian reserve in the postoperative period can be explained by the volume of surgical intervention not only on the uterus, but also on the ovaries.
Conclusion. The condition of the ovarian reserve in women with infertility against the background of uterine fibroids largely depends on the concomitant volume of surgical intervention. Cystectomy or ovarian resection, even in a sparing volume, is accompanied by a risk of a decrease in primordial and antral follicles.
Key words: ovarian reserve, infertility, AMH, operations on pelvic organs, ultrasound.
1. Ischenko AI, Morozova AV. 2007. Rezultativnost metoda ekstrakorporalnogo oplodotvoreniya posle operativnyih vmeshatelstv na organah reproduktivnoy sistemyi (literaturnyiy obzor). Voprosyi ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii 4:115–126.
2. Besplodnyiy brak: Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo. Pod red. chl.-korr. NAMN Ukrainyi, prof. VK Chayki. Donetsk: ChP «Lavis». 2012:384.
3. Beznoschenko GB. 2003. Problema operirovannogo organa v ginekologii. Rossiyskiy vestnik akushera-ginekologa 2:28–33.
4. Balabanova VV. 2001. Neoperativnaya ginekologiya. Nizhniy Novgorod, NGMA.
5. Doletskaya DV. 2006. Sravnitelnaya otsenka funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya yaichnikov i kachestva zhizni zhenschin, perenesshih v reproduktivnom vozraste miomektomiyu i gisterektomiyu po povodu miomyi matki. Avtoref. diss. kand. med. nauk: 14.00.01. :18.
6. Dubchak AIe, Zadorozhna TD, Milievskyi OV, Dovhan OI. 2015. Morfolohichni ta imunohistokhimichni osoblyvosti endometriia v period «vikna implantatsii» u zhinok z bezpliddiam na tli khronichnykh zapalnykh zakhvoriuvan vnutrishnikh statevykh orhaniv. Zdorove zhenshchynу 6(102):178–181.
7. Davyidov AI, Musaev RD. 2011. Otsenka ovarialnogo rezerva posle endohirurgicheskih vmeshatelstv na yaichnikah s ispolzovaniem vyisokih energiy. Voprosyi ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii 10;3:56–63.
8. Boyarskiy KYu i dr. 2009. Rol antimyullerova gormona (AMG) v norme i pri razlichnyih ginekologicheskih zabolevaniyah. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskih bolezney 58:74–83.
9. Zhordanidze DO i dr. 2010. Sostoyanie ovarialnogo rezerva pri nekotoryih formah funktsionalnogo besplodiya. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 5:25–31.
10. Benaglia I, Armoldi M et al. 2007. Ovarian responsiveness to hyperstimulation during IVF-ICSI cycles in women operated on for bilateral endometriomas. Hum.reprod. 22:143
11. Reis FM et al. 2013. Endometriosis: hormone regulation and clinical consequences of chemotaxis and apoptosis. Hum. Reprod. pdate. 19(4):406–418. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmt010
12. Mostaejeran F et all. 2015. Evaluation of antimullerian hormone levels before and after laparoscopic management of endometriosis. Adv.Biomed.Res. 31;4:182.