- Features of menstrual function in women with infertility and thyroid gland pathology
Features of menstrual function in women with infertility and thyroid gland pathology
HEALTH OF WOMAN.2017.6(122):40–44; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.122.40
Romanenko T. G., Chayka O.
National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education P. L. Shupyk MH of Ukraine, Kiev
The objective: the identification of features of menstrual cycle disorders (DMC) in women with infertility on the background of thyroid diseases (thyroid gland).
Patients and methods. According to the purpose of the scientific research, 50 women with infertility and NMCs were examined on the background of thyroid diseases, which were included in the main group (group I). In patients of the comparison group (group II; n= 30), DMC was observed without thyroid pathology.
Patients of group I, depending on the type of HMC and thyroid functional status, were distributed as follows: 8 patients had hypomenstrual syndrome with hypothyroidism, 7 patients with hyperthyroidism and 17 patients with euthyroid goiter. In 4 patients, the DMC was diagnosed as a hyperpolymenorea with hypothyroidism, in 12 patients with hyperthyroidism and in 2 patients with euthyroidism.
Results. Application of the developed algorithm of examination of women with infertility allowed to increase the detection rate of their combined pathology in the form of thyroid disorders and menstrual function disorders.
Conclusion. Reliable in comparison with women with infertility with violations of the menstrual cycle, but without the pathology of the thyroid gland, changes and peculiarities of the secretion of the spectrum of the studied hormones that correspond to the clinical variants of the combined pathology were recorded in the group of women with infertility on the background of thyroid gland diseases and accompanying violations of the menstrual function.
Key words: menstrual cycle disorders, thyroid pathology, infertility.
1. Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy vid 13.04.2016 r. № 353 «Pro zatverdzhennia ta vprovadzhennia medyko-tekhnolohichnykh dokumentiv zi standartyzatsii medychnoi dopomohy pry anomalnykh matkovykh krovotechakh (Unifikovanyi klinichnyi protokol pervynnoi, vtorynnoi (spetsializovanoi) ta tretynnoi (vysokospetsializovanoi) medychnoi dopomohy «Anomalni matkovi krovotechi».
2. Kronenberg Genri M, Melmed Shlomo, Polonskiy Kennet S, Larsen Rid P. 2011. Endokrinologiya po Vilyamsu. M, RidELSIVER:416.
3. Manuhin IB, Tumilovich LG, Gevorkyan MA. 2013. Klinicheskie lektsii po ginekologicheskoy endokrinologii. 3-e izdanie, pererabotannoe. M, Izd. gruppa GEOTAR-Media:272.
4. Krassas GE, Poppe K, Glinoer D. 2010. Thyroid function and human reproductive health. Endocr. Rev. 31:702-55. https://doi.org/10.1210/er.2009-0041; PMid:20573783
5. Twig G, Shina A, Amital H, Shoenfeld Y. 2012. Pathogenesis of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss in thyroid autoimmunity. J Autoimmun 38:275–81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaut.2011.11.014; PMid:22218218
6. Artini PG, Uccelli A, Papini F, Simi G et al. 2013. Infertility and pregnancy loss in euthyroid women with thyroid autoimmunity. Gynecol Endocrinol 29:36–41. https://doi.org/10.3109/09513590.2012.705391; PMid:22835333
7. Vihlyaeva EM. 2006. Rukovodstvo po endokrinnoy ginekologii. M, MIA:630–653.
8. Podzolkova NM, Glazkova OL. 2006. Issledovanie gormonalnogo statusa zhenschiny v praktike ginekologa. 2-e izd., pererab. i dop. M, MEDpress-inform:64.