- Estimation of connection of trait and state anxiety with temperament type of pregnant women.
Estimation of connection of trait and state anxiety with temperament type of pregnant women.
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.3(119):69–72; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.119.69
Syusyuka V. G.
Zaporozhye state medical University
Certain level of anxiety is required for effective adaptation to reality. According to the scale «neuroticism – emotional stability» anxiety is one of the measuring parameters of the person which reflect individual reaction on stress.
The objective: estimate temperament types of pregnant women and their connection with trait and state anxiety.
Patients and methods. Pregnant 392 women were examined in ІІ and ІІІ trimesters. Individual and psychological features of pregnant women and their psychoemotional state were studied using the complex of psychodiagnostic methods: Personality Questionnaire of Bekhterev University, Spielberger-Hanin scale, Eysenck EPQ questionnaire. Variation and statistical processing of results was performed with STATISTICA 6.0 analysis programs.
Results. According to Eysenck Circle, among the main temperament types, conformity to sanguine type was found more frequently and was determined in 139 examined pregnant women: it made 35.46%. Choleric temperament was determined in 94 (23.98%), melancholic – in 88 (22.45%) pregnant women and phlegmatic type was determined in 71 (18.11%) pregnant women. During estimation of questioning results by means of Eysenck EPQ, taking into account anxiety level, there was found that index of neuroticism increased statistically and reliably (р<0.05) to the level of both trait anxiety (TA) and state anxiety (SA). Above mentioned results are confirmed by available positive correlation of neuroticism with SA level (r=+0.347; p<0.05) and more significant correlation with TA level (r=+0.666; p<0.05).
Conclusions. According to results of performed research the statistically reliable (р > 0.05) difference was determined both under the TA level and SA level among pregnant women which temperament type corresponded to sanguine comparing to choleric and melancholic types; and also which corresponded to phlegmatic type comparing to choleric and melancholic. Comparing sanguine persons to phlegmatic ones and choleric persons to melancholic ones there was found statistically reliable (р>0.05) difference only under TA level.
Key words: pregnancy, psychoemotional state, neuroticism, temperament type, anxiety.
1. Ababkov VA, Perre M. 2004. Adaptatsiya k stressu. Osnovyi teorii, diagnostiki, terapii. SPb, Rech:166.
2. Halych SR. 2006. Preeklampsiia yak syndrom psykhoemotsiinoi ta veheto-sudynnoi dyzadaptatsii. Dys. d-ra med. nauk: 14.01.01. Odesa:326.
3. Efanova TS. 2014. Psihicheskie rasstroystva i kachestvo zhizni beremennyih s ugrozoy nevyinashivaniya. Diss. kand. med. nauk: 14.01.06. Tomsk:228.
4. Karelin AA. 2007. Bolshaya entsiklopediya psihologicheskih testov. M, Eksmo:416.
5. Kushnir EA. 2014. Osobennosti vospriyatiya vremeni i vremennoy perspektivyi beremennyih zhenschin. VIsnik ONU Im. I.I. Mechnikova. PsihologIya 19;Vip. 3(33):64–72.
6. Malkina-Pyih IG. 2010. Psihosomatika. M, Eksmo:1024. (Noveyshiy spravochnik psihologa).
7. Mendelevich VD. 2008. Klinicheskaya i meditsinskaya psihologiya: uchebnoe posobie. M, MEDpress-inform:432.
8. Mironova EE. 2005. Sbornik psihologicheskih testov. Chast I: Posobie. Mn, Zhenskiy institut ENVILA:155.
9. Nazarenko LH. 2013. Rol stanu psykhoemotsiinoi sfery vahitnoi zhinky pry normalnomu i uskladnenomu hestatsiinomu protsesi (ohlуad literatury). Zhinochyi likar 2:42–46.
10. Nuller YuL. 2008. Struktura psihicheskih rasstroystv. K: Sfera:128.
11. Raygorodskiy DYa. 2013. Psihologiya i psihoanaliz beremennosti. Hrestomatiya. DYa Raygorodskiy (redaktor-sostavitel). Samara, Izdatelskiy Dom BAHRAH-M:784.
12. Subbotina LYu. 2013. Psihologicheskaya zaschita i stress. X, «Gumanitarnyiy Tsentr»:300.