- Discussion of new approach to the management of polycystic ovary syndrome
Discussion of new approach to the management of polycystic ovary syndrome
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.6(122):45–48; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.122.45
Doubossarskaya Z. M.
SI «Dnipropetrovsk medical Academy of MH of Ukraine»
The objective: Critical evaluation of modern therapeutic methods for polycystic ovary syndrome (POS); depending of reproductive plans for infertility therapy needed or removing of cosmetic issues by including Protalis to complex therapy program.
Patients and methods. 40 women in the age from 27 to 37; with confirmed diagnosis of POS according to criteria of Rotterdam consensus were examined. They were divided to 2 subgroups; first (30) got traditional therapy with individual variations: laparoscopic drilling of ovaries, Metphormin, lifestyle modification and Protalis. Second group got their therapy without Protalis. Every 3, 6, 9, 12 months clinical, hormonal manifestations of POS were controlled.
Results. Usage of complex therapy of POS with Protalis facilitated statistically unreliable lowering of BMI; but number of women with irregular menstrual periods increased in 3.4 times; restoration of reproductive function were happened in 26.6 % cases (10% without Protalis). This therapy facilitated diminishing of cosmetic issues, better skin conditions. Diminishing of acne, lowering of hirsute number and with complex approach to reproductive health they got better life quality.
Conclusions. Practicing gynecologists after the studies of several etiological hypotheses about POS, realized that syndrome is a defect of not only one gene but it is polygenic and it is explain phenotype of patients and all variations depending of a type of metabolic disorders. Life style changes (diet and exercises) are cornerstone of management of patients with POS with high body mass and obesity (particularly abdominal) and they can lower many symptoms of POS? considering effectiveness of usage of Protalis in the complex therapy of POS in our study and in documented foreign studies it can be recommended in usage in clinical practice.
Key words: polycystic ovary syndrome, chronic anovulation, hyperandrogeny, Protalis.
1. Doll I, Doll R, Buling K, Dis K. 2013. Diagnostika i terapiya sindroma polikistoznyih yaichnikov: rezultatyi oprosa nemetskih ginekologov i obzor literaturyi. Akush. i ginek. 2(2):37–44.
2. Dubossarskaya ZM, Dubossarskaya YuA. 2008. Giperandrogeniya i ozhirenie u zhenschin. Reproduktivnaya endokrinologiya (perinatalnyie, akusherskie i ginekologicheskie aspektyi): 229–280.
3. Ryikova OV. 2015. Sindrom polikistoznyih yaichnikov: laboratornaya diagnostika giperandrogennogo statusa zhenschinyi. Consilium Medicum Ukraina. Spetsvyipusk laboratorii «Sinevo»: 8–10.
4. Kaminskyi VV, Tatarchuk TF, Dubossarska YuO, Dubossarska ZM ta in. 2016. Natsionalnyi konsensus shchodo vedennia patsiientok iz hiperandroheniieiu. Reproduktyvna endokrynolohiia 4(30):19–31.
5. Tsypkun AH. 2015. Farmakolohichna kharakterystyka ta vykorystannia mio–inozytolu v hinekolohichnii praktytsi. Reproduktyvna endokrynolohiуa 5(25):28–30.
6. Berridge M, Irvine R. 1989. Inositol phosphate and cell signaling. Nature. 36:197–205. https://doi.org/10.1038/341197a0; PMid:2550825
7. Ciotta L, Stracqadanio M, Pagano I et al. 2011. Effekt of myo-inositol supplementation oocytes quality on PCOS patiens: a double blind trial. Eur Rev Med Pharmakol. 15:509–514.
8. Dumesic О, Richards J. 2013. Ontogeny of the ovary in polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertility and Sterility. 100:23–38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.02.011; PMid:23472949 PMCid:PMC4562327
9. Jerard C, Digver D, Diamantikandarakis E и соавт. 2014. Sindrom polikistoznyih yaichnikov. Ofitsialnoe zayavlenie Evropeyskogo obschestva endokrinologii. ESE. Eur. J. of Endocrin. 171:1–29.
10. Farguhar C, Litford RJ, Marjoribanks J. 2005. Laparoscopic “drilling” by diathermy or laser for ovulation induction in anovulatory polycystic ovary syndrom. CD 001122.
11. Pasquali R, Gambineri A. 2013. Glucose intolerance states in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation. 36:648–653. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03346757; PMid:24105073
12. Stein I, Levental M. 1935. Amenorrhea associated with bilateral polycystic ovaries. Am. J. Obstet Gynecol. 29:181–191. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9378(15)30642-6
13. Stumpf W, Sar M, Reid F et al. 1979. Target cells for 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in intestinal tract, stomach, kidney, skin, pituitary, and parathyroid. Science. 206:1188–1190. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.505004; PMid:505004
14. Welt C, Carmina E. 2013. Lifecycle of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): from in utero to menopause. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 98:4629–4638. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2013-2375; PMid:24064685 PMCid:PMC3849665