- Bipolar electro-devices for tissue coagulation in otorhinolaryngology
Bipolar electro-devices for tissue coagulation in otorhinolaryngology
PAEDIATRIC SURGERY.2017.1(54):45-48; doi 10.15574/PS.2017.54.45
Kosakivska I. A.
Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education Kyiv, Ukraine
Surgical procedures on upper respiratory tract are accompanied by bleeding, which may have different duration and intensity. Hemostasis is particularly urgent regarding surgical interventions on the lymphadenoid pharyngeal ring, and the nasopharynx in general.
The aim of the study was to improve the efficacy of adenotomy by developing bipolar devices for tissue coagulation.
Material and methods. Bipolar high-frequency tissue electrocoagulation equipment were developed and successfully implemented in the clinic, including optical bipolar tissue electrocoagulator. The latter is connected to the endoscopic stand and a high-frequency current source.
The results. Due to the built-in endoscope, the device provides a high quality visual control of surgical site on the video monitor of endoscopic stand.
Conclusions. The proposed bipolar tissue electrocoagulator provides a high-quality bleeding control in the nasopharynx area, a visual control of surgical site, is labour saving, and reducing the time of hemostasis.
Key words: bipolar device, coagulation, optical electrical appliance.
1. Laiko AA, Zabolotnyi DI, Kosakovskyi AL et al. 2006. Adenoidni vehetatsii ta adenoidyty. Kyiv, Lohos: 74.
2. Kosakivska IA. 2012. Patent Ukrainy na vynakhid № 99043. MPK (2012.01) A61V17/00. Bipoliarnyi elektroprystrii dlia koahuliatsii tkanyn. Ukraina. Zaiavleno 01.03.2011; Opubl. 10.07.2012 r. Biul. № 13.
3. Kosakivska IA, Kosakovskyi AL, Semenov RH, Semenov VR. 2010. Patent Ukrainy na korysnu model № 51914. MPK (2009) A61V17/00. Elektroprystrii dlia koahuliatsii tkanyn. Ukraina. Zaiavleno 13.01.2010; Opubl. 10.08.2010 r. Biul. № 15.
4. Aesculap. HNO. 1988. Katalog: 283–285.