- Algorithm for screening for depressive and anxiety depressive disorders in women during pregnancy and postpartum period
Algorithm for screening for depressive and anxiety depressive disorders in women during pregnancy and postpartum period
HEALTH OF WOMAN.2017.1(117):62–65; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.117.62
Pushkarova T. N., Skripchenko N. Y.
SI «Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, NAMS of Ukraine», Kiev
This article describes the authors developed and tested an algorithm screening diagnosis of depression and anxiety-depressive disorders in women during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Data are presented on the example of screening studies of patients obstetric clinics of the «Institute of pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology of the National Academy of Medical sciences of Ukraine». Paper presents evidence of the effectiveness and feasibility of use in obstetric and general medical practice developed algorithm for early diagnostics and adequate treatment and rehabilitation depressive and anxiety – depressive disorders in women associated with pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period.
Key words: depression, anxiety disorders, pregnancy, postpartum, postpartum depression, screening, informed consent, pathopsychological diagnostics.
1. Byuleten VOOZ. 2009.
2. Pushkareva TN, Sheludchenko TA, Mirza AV. 2003. K voprosu diagnostiki poslerodovoy depressii. Arhiv psihiatriyi 7;1:42–46.
3. Pushkareva TN. 2003. Metodologicheskie osnovy izucheniya trevozhnyh i depressivnyh rasstroystv u beremennyh i materey v poslerodovom periode. Arhiv psihiatriyi 8;2:55–59.
4. Pushkareva TN. 2004. Kliniko-psihopatologicheskie harakteristiki trevozhnyh i depressivnyh rasstroystv u beremennyh zhenshchin s perinatalnymi poteryami v anamneze. Arhiv psihiatriyi 10;2:94–98.
5. Karagodina EG, Pushkareva TN. 2004. Ob osobennostyah funktsionirovaniya eticheskih printsipov v psihodiagnosticheskom protsesse. ArhIv psihIatrIYi 10;4:17–21.
6. Pushkareva TN. 2005. Poslerodovaya depressiya: rasprostranennost, klinika, dinamika. PsihIchne zdorov’ya 3(8):31–36.
7. Cox JL. 1996. Perinatal mental disorders – a cutlural approach. International Review of Psychiatry 8, 9 -16. https://doi.org/10.3109/09540269609037813
8. Cox JL, Holden JM & Sagovsky R. 1987. Detection of postnatal depression. Development of the 10-item Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale. British Journal of Psychiatry. 150:782–786. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.150.6.782; PMid:3651732
9. Lee DT, Yip SK, Chiu HF et al. 1998. Detecting postnatal depression in Chinese women. Validation of the Chinese version of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale. British Journal of Psychiatry 172:433–437. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.172.5.433; PMid:9747407
10. Margaret R Oates, John L Cox, Stella Neema, Paul Asten et al. 2004, Jan. Postnatal depression across countries and cultures: a qualitative study. The British Journal of Psychiatry. 184(46):s10-s16; DOI: 10. 1192/ bjp.184.46.s10
11. Depressive disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed July 16, 2015.
12. Depression during and after pregnancy. Womens Health. gov. https: //www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet /depression-pregnancy.html. Accessed July 1, 2015.
13. American Academy of Pediatrics. Intrapartum and postpartum care of the mother. In: Guidelines for Perinatal Care. 7th ed. Elk Grove Village, Ill.: American Academy of Pediatrics; Washington, D.C.: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 2012.